Wednesday 19 March 2014

Elikas: The Game

Hello! :D

Wow, did I ever mention that I was working on a really bad Alice game? WOW Forget all about that, way too much work on something that wasn't supposed to be in the firt place Jesus Christ! Plot was bad, tilesets took waaaaaaaay to long. And in the end, some ideas has to be scrapped... But I'm back on the game I was originally working on, and lately I've been SUPER creative and it's really shooting forward!

The Game (the most awesome title) was a loose idea that I and my ex-girlfriend (Trine, also called Moth) was playing around with and although the idea has changed A LOT, the main principle of a "classic" rpg game with these characters stuck with me 'till these days where I ended up actually working on it! Making a game is a lot more work than I thought it would be. I'm really happy the rpg maker community is so good at sharing tips and rescources!

Also, The Game was the reason I originally named my blog TheGamesProgress... That was what it was supposed to be about, until it got postponed haha :'D

Overworld map of the island


The Game is set in the world of Elikas, on a small island called which I just realized has no name. You play as a young girl named Trii (or whatever you decide to name her), she has no memory of who she is or how she ended up on the island. She makes a deal with Pet, who knows a lot about people coming out of nowhere and together they go on an adventure to find the truth about Trii.

The island is loosely inspired by my childhood home, Magerøya. So for my friends that know the place, you might just reconize some of the names!

Sleeping Trii gif that I have posted before uwu
 I have written the script for the prologue, and has started with the first chapter. I'm also almost completely done with mapping the eastern part of the island and I'm a good way spriting some of the characters. I'm done with Pet, Trii and Salin, the characters you meet in the prologue. What I'm getting at here is that the first demo will soon be out! I'm hoping to finish it by the end of this month. I'm super excited!!!
Sleeping bunny Pet!
Wow, that's it for this time folks! Until next time <3

(Wow I sure do write exclamation points a lot!!)

1 comment:

  1. Eeeee jeg er så spent! :D Vil så sykt prøve demoen når du har den klar!

    ReplyDelete